Top 4 SEO tools
SEO tools every online business owner must know about
Google Mobile Friendly
The test will analyse your URL and report if your website has a responsive design.
The update has already rolled out globally for mobile friendly websites and can have an adverse effect on your website visibility in search engines if not taken care.
Things to be kept in mind for a page to make it “mobile-friendly” are, as detected by Googlebot:
- Avoids software that is not common on mobile devices, like Flash
- Uses text that is readable without zooming
- Sizes content to the screen so users don’t have to scroll horizontally or zoom
- Places links far enough apart so that the correct one can be easily tapped
- Performance overview – We automatically put together plenty of performance-related statistics for you based on the test result
- Performance grade and tips – See how your website conforms to performance best practices from Google Page Speed (similar to Yahoo’s Yslow). You can get some great tips on how to speed up your website this way.
- Trace your performance history – We save each test for you so you can review it later and see how things change over time (with pretty charts!).
- Test from multiple locations – See how fast a website loads in Europe, the United States, etc.
- Share your results – We’ve made it easy for you to perform a test and share it with your friends, work colleagues or web host.
How it works
All tests are done with real web browsers, so the results match the end-user experience exactly. We use a bunch of instances of Google’s Chrome web browser to load websites, record performance data, and so on. Tests are done from dedicated Pingdom servers.
MOZ Open Site Explorer
MOZ open site explorer helps you find out a lot of insight about your website that can help you in improving your website presence. These are
- Inbound Links Gauge a site’s influence. Inbound links to the page, sub-domain, or root domain and analyse the linking pages.
- Just Discovered Links The Just-Discovered Links report helps you identify recently created URLs and links. This report indexes URLs within about one hour of being shared on—as well as the URLs linked from those shared pages.
- Top Pages Target the best pages to maximize link building. Top pages on the domain according to Page Authority.
- Linking Domains Gauge your site’s influence by analysing the root domains that link to the URL or domain you want to analyse.
- Anchor Text what keywords the site might be ranking for. Analyse the phrases and terms most commonly used as anchor text for your domain.
- Compare Metrics Detailed metrics about the URL you want to analyse, sub domain level, and root domain level. Compare these metrics for up to five URLs.
- Spam Analysis Helps you out to find out whether your website is engaged with any kind of spam activities. But this feature only comes with the pro version.
GTmetrix can help you develop a faster, more efficient, and all-around improved website experience for your users.