Tips to Improve Your Web Design (Part II)
An appropriate web design is extremely important for any site, especially if it’s a business website. You need to ensure that the design of the website is highly attractive and is according to the current standards. There are numerous changes you can implement to make your site attractive and successful. Quality web design results in an excellent user experience which means higher conversion rates.
The manner in which the fonts, colours and images are used on a website can play an important role in a website’s success. Following are a few more tips that can help you in improving the web design of your site.
- Implement a colour usage strategy: You can project a clean, elegant and attractive modern appearance of the site, by using a neutral colour palette. Use colour wisely and employ small dashes for headlines or important graphics, this will help in guiding the visitors to the most important part of the site content. Use colours that go well with your logo and other marketing materials.
- Get high quality and professional photographs: Visitors can easily recognise the duplicate or generic photos, leaving a generic impression in their mind about your company. Invest in professional photography to show the visitors that your company is not generic. It is highly recommended that you should purchase professional stock photos or in professional photography.
- Choose easy to read fonts: While choosing the type of fonts, remember that visitors will also be using their Smartphone and not just desktops. Large fonts may look good on desktops, but these are difficult to read on small screens. Always pick easily readable fonts and keep a size not less than 11pt. try not to use more than two font families, if you’re using Web fonts as this ensure faster loading.
- Try to design each page as a landing page: Many websites go for a design that goes with a theory that a visitor will enter from the home page and then navigate into the site. You need to design your website in such a way that no matter what page a visitor lands, key information is provided there. This is majorly because of the reality that the majority of visits for most of the websites start from a page which is not the home page.
- Try using a responsive design: Instead of developing a site for different devices, go for a responsive design that automatically adapts to the screen of the device on which the site is opened. With a better user experience and increase amount of time spent by visitors on your website means higher conversion rates. Recently, a renowned SEO expert from the Gold Coast, Australia stated that responsive websites have proved as a benefit for SEO campaigns also.
- Provide Buttons at the right place: You need to make the ‘Submit’ or ‘Send’ buttons highly attractive, encouraging the visitors to click. Make them so appealing that visitors can’t resist clicking. When a user moves the cursor on the buttons, ensure that it changes colour, opacity, font and gradient.
Want to know more ?
Fill out the Contact Form Below
Some clients that choose Straight Up Digital