6 Amazing InDesign Tips
Adobe InDesign is an amazing image editing software widely used all over the Gold Coast by professional web designers in their web design campaigns. If you’re willing to use InDesign application for your web designing purposes, then it’s important tools offered by it. By following certain tips, you can fully utilise all the features of InDesign.
InDesign is a highly acclaimed software used by the majority of designers on the Gold Coast for their web design campaigns. It offers a vast number of features, but most of those are not used effectively by some users. Following is a list of few such features which you can use to make your web design campaign much easier.
- Multiplace from the Bridge: In InDesign you can use File>Place or drag-and-drop images into the document, though you’ll find it quite easy to bring in multiple images at once. For this, click Adobe Bridge, choose the pictures to be used in the layout, then select File>Place>In InDesign. Now, you’ll switch to InDesign automatically, providing a loaded place cursor to insert the images selected by you.
- Path Frames: Everyone is aware about the fact that a single image can be placed in a single frame. However, you might not know that a single image can be placed in multiple frames for a visual effect. Choose the Polygon, Ellipse or Rectangle Frame tool to create two or more frames.
- Convert Shape: This is an excellent tool which never fails. For example, you create an ellipse frame for an image and then wish to check that how it will look in a rectangular frame. There’s simply no need for you to start from the start again. All you supposed to do is go to Object>Convert Shape and then select the shape of you wish for. InDesign can easily convert the existing shape of an image into the one you want.
- Control the Photoshop Layers: InDesign can easily place and output Photoshop’s layered files. Right within InDesign, layers in that placed PSD can be turned on and off easily. The user can have the same PSD in the document numerous times by turning different layers on and off to achieve various looks.
- Placing InDesign Documents in InDesign: This is often considered as one of the most powerful feature in InDesign. By using it, InDesign documents can be placed right into other InDesign documents. This means that one can work on the main section of a document while the remaining team members can work on other sections. After the work is completed, you can place their documents into your InDesign Document.
- Rotating the Spreads: People often wonder that whether InDesign can do vertical spreads for any specific layout. The answer for this is a clear No. But, the things have changed a bit because now a user can do a basic left and right spread, and can even rotate the spreads up to 90° making it a lot easier to lay out the content than before.
Want to know more ?
Fill out the Contact Form Below
Some clients that choose Straight Up Digital