Monthly Archives: August 2018
Many people are unsure about SEO and what it takes to really make your websites and pages search engine optimised. But it’s not really a difficult concept to understand, in fact, there are four words that describe it perfectly and they are Quality, Originality, Relevance and Value.
I hear people suggesting all the time that Google just tries to make it hard to get your website to the top of the ranking list
and once there to keep it there. That they keep changing the rules so you have to be a genius to get your site anywhere near a level with high enough search engine ranking for people to easily find it.
The plain truth is most websites do not deserve a high ranking. Google is not there for website owners, it’s there for its users, the people who are looking for information on the internet. What Google and other search engines are doing is trying to give their uses the best possible experience and find the most relevant and informative content
about the subjects they are inquiring about.
If you have a high quality, original, factual and relevant content, then you have the building blocks for obtaining a high ranking on search engine result pages.
When you consider that there are billions of pieces of content on the internet and millions more being added each day, there has to be a logical and efficient way of sorting or cataloging all the information so it can be found.
Backlinks and Link Building
This is where links or more precisely back links come in. It is a mistake to think that search engines are a form of artificial intelligence, they are a mathematical algorithm, a very complex code of instructions that could be thought of in a similar way to the chromosomes in each of our cells. The search engine can tell if a piece of content is technically correct and categorize it according to a specific set of instructions. But the other important part of the SEO equation is quality backlinks.
The importance of these is that this is the way the search engine determines the amount of traffic you have to your content. When you have a high amount of traffic to your site, it suggests that your site is popular and provides the information people are seeking.
There are differences in backlinks and the new algorithms are able to check the quality of links to ensure they are genuine. A few years ago you could just buy as many links as you wanted to influence your search engine rankings, but that is a thing of the past and now these types of links will do you more harm than good.
Google has stated that the number one ranking factor after quality content is quality relevant links pointing to your site.
So how to build high quality links
• Build good relationships with niche related sites, web communities, blogs, forums and social groups by making the first step and add quality contextual value to discussions on other sites.
• Give positive testimonials to a relevant site that give you a good experience, but do not overload with optimised text, keep thing natural and organic. This works well as a company will get a good testimonial for their site and you will get a quality backlink
. These links can give you a high rating as you will often get new traffic from them.
• Start a Blog with relevant, original, quality and regular posts that relate well to the subject, by focusing on the needs of your audiences and giving value you can get many repeat links which are much more valuable than thousands of onetime links.
• List your website on directories that have proven to be trustworthy because they provide real value such as niche directories to help people find you online.
• Write a high quality guest post on other relevant blog sites that are not just about you and how wonderful you are. It has to give people real value so they want to read more from you. Guest blogging is a very effective way to reach other people and therefore gain quality backlinks.
• Mention the names of other people who have had positive influences on you in your content, many people have an app to discover any time they are mentioned on the web so your positive acknowledgment of them will almost certainly result in a positive back link from them if they like your content.
• Search for broken links on relevant sites to find any broken links using a tool like “Check My Links” which when added to your chrome browser. When you find a broken link you can send an email message to tell them of the broken link and offer them your blog as a replacement.
• Use infographics as they are shared more than most other content on the net, because sharing visual content works best and they can scan your infographic to get the info in a few seconds then link back later. HubSpot suggests that infographics are shared three times more than any internet content.
To gain valuable backlinks you need to offer people high quality original, relevant and interesting web content that they enjoy reading. There is so much regurgitated tripe on the internet that if you invest the time to produce high quality content you will get links and a high SEO
Monthly Archives: August 2018
Search engine optimisation or SEO is a still a term that is still a mystery to many and has been misused by many. What it really means in practical terms is to make a website or piece of content so it is the best it can be to attract those who want to view its content. This can be very time consuming and takes a lot of knowledge so is often best left to some of the SEO Services on The Gold Coast.
The following 10 points are designed to give your content the best SEO Practices
1. SEO Page Title
Search engines look for indicators that your website is set up correctly, such as your title matches your page content and keywords. Including keywords in your title is important but not on its own enough to give you a high rank. Make sure you have a suitable and attractive title to get a high click through rate as these can help determine rankings
2. SEO Page Description
The page description is the small blocks of text that pop up under links in search results. It is important these match your page content.
It is important to add descriptive ALT tags and filenames where appropriate to your pages. The way search engines see images is by reading their ALT tag as well as looking at the file names you provide. For best results be as descriptive as possible naming images
3. Copy Structure
When creating content, care needs to be taken to use transition words, these words allow readers to be naturally drawn through your copy as well as allowing them to skim through it. For best results at least 10% of the words on a page should be transition words
4. SEO Headlines, SEO Content and HTML
Use the focused keywords in the subheadings on each page, this allows the content to be clear and relevant to the readers.
The first paragraph on every page should contain the focus keyword as this helps to maintain clarity and relevance for the reader.
It is important to use heading and paragraph tags correctly on every page as search engine algorithms can easily get confused if they are incorrect, leading to missed information as well as lost credibility regarding your site
5. Keeping it Easy to Read
Do not assume that everyone knows what you do! They are reading your content to find new knowledge. Care should be taken to explain things in simple terms and if you use technical jargon, ensure it’s explained adequately. People must find your site enjoyable to read and easy to absorb or they will just leave. Web readers like and value simplicity with added value.
Use natural language as search engines are now getting much more complex, so understand synonyms, they can be used to make the copy more enjoyable to read. The use of latent semantic indexing (LSI) when creating your content and keywords can also help the search engines to understand just what your content or page is all about.
There are many new people joining the internet each day and the vast majority of them are doing so using mobile devices. Because of this, it is imperative that you have a site that is responsive to different sized and shaped screens. This is important, especially for localized searches. It is not a good idea to just adapt your website by having hidden content as a search engine will not recognize this.
If you are unsure how to go about this the experts at SEO Services On the Gold Coast
6. Contextual Content
All factual content and supplemental content such as testimonials, Videos, FAQ’s and references, etc. need to be in the correct places and be relevant or you can lose trust and credibility quickly. They need to have the relevant links to any authoritative sites that support your content. The crawlers will look at the language you use in the hyperlinks, including the keywords to see what their content is about.
It is a good idea to claim you’re branding on as many social networking sites as practical and post your work there but not duplicate it. Often, especially in specialty niches, you can own all the search results on the first page if you have enough relevant content
7. Word Count
It is important to provide valuable, interesting and relevant content on each page to give a visitor a good reason to be there. By providing at least 300 words per page for text content (less any relevant images), 500 words is ideal and not more than 900 words so it is not over done
Your keyword should be used three times spread evenly about the page. Do not start a new page unless you have at least 100 words of meaningful content. Do not ever place unnecessary text on your site, it detracts from the reader’s enjoyment and wastes their time
8. Research your Keywords
It is important that you understand the reason people select certain keywords and their intent when they use them. Pick one keyword per page and use it in your URL but don’t stuff your URL with keywords and the shorter the keyword the better for rankings
9. Check for Duplicate content and the speed of your site
Having duplicate content on different sites can dilute the value of it amongst those sites and Search engines do not like it so may penalize your site.
The search engines also check for the speed of your site as they value user experience site that is too slow can lose their rating and visitor will lose patience and leave
10. Double check everything
Look for errors such as broken links and possible crawler problems, make your content hard for search engines to find and therefore drive traffic to it
Doing a manual SEO audit can be very complicated and time consuming, especially for a large website. Using a SEO audit tool will speed up the process and help to fix any mistakes.
Use the free Google Search Console for correcting errors such as duplicate content crawl errors, missing titles and a host of other problems.
It will also help to get data on the search performance of their different websites and content as well as finding data on search rankings. Once you have finished it is worthwhile sending your work to be rechecked by the SEO experts at SEO Services on The Gold Coast
Now you have a check list you will be able to start making sure your website is the best possible, it can be to allow search engines to rank it and have people discover your unique content. This will enable you to expand your business and have a very profitable future
Monthly Archives: August 2018
Many people do not really understand what SEO and Search Algorithm is all about, but it is really very simple. Google is all about making it easier for people to use the internet and get better search results.
Gone are the days when you could sit down and write a simple piece of content and have it easily found on the net. With the billions of new pieces of content that are being added every day the accuracy and relevancy of your content
is becoming more and more important.
The new core search algorithm update is aimed at relevancy rather than anything else, relevancy to keywords as well as content. This is not to say that content is no longer important it is vital that you have high quality original content, but this must be relevant to the topic
The following may help you to keep within the scope of the new search algorithm:
- Check accuracy your web site and all pages for any mistakes both for factual errors in content and programming or technical problems like page speed issues and weak security areas as well as any in links, link buttons, hashtags, banners and other attachments to your site. The search engine will find even the smallest mistake and this could affect your ranking.
- Update all your information and remove anything that is no longer relevant. Google is now demanding more accountability for facts and reliability. It is also looking for better descriptions of content. If your content provides answers that are better for a given search query and are more relevant than other sites Google will rank you higher than pages that are more general. So the changes are favoring more highly specific, targeted content allowing it to outrank content that is more generalized. If you are slipping in the ranking is could be that your website is not 100 percent relevant to the given search queries.
- New original content is favored over older out of date content
Add more relevant data and update conclusions and findings. Place original video instead of text where applicable. If you are finding you do not have any technical issues the check the competition to see if they have a higher rank than you. It may well be because they are providing better or more accurate specific targeted information for a given search and Google has recognised someone has provided some better and more relevant content than you have on your site
- Make sure you have keywords that are relevant to the keywords you are ranked for and update your content or create new keywords that are better and have a higher rating to put to on top.
- Analyze your competition and if possible get a third party to do an impartial comparison of your site and the competition
The practical application of the Google's new Core Search algorithm Update
is that site or rather all web content needs to be more accurately optimised for content that relates to the subject that the keywords are related to and sites now need to be more specific and relevant. It is not so much a content quality issue although quality is still very important, it is more an issue of accuracy and relevancy
Monthly Archives: August 2018
YouTube is becoming so popular because many people enjoy watching a video on their mobile devices as well as desktop computers rather than just reading a webpage. Whether you’re looking to sell your services and products just earn money from Absence or just want to show the world your videos YouTube optimisation is the way to go to get people to notice you.
- The first and most vital step after you have completed your video is to make the right keyword research so you have the best words
- Often keywords that work in Google will not necessarily work on YouTube and vice versa
- Make a list of the keywords depending on your niche and the message you want to convey in your video. It is important to consider the intentions of people who might use your keywords so do a search on those words starting with “YouTube Search. You will then be able to see how much if any interest people using those keywords are likely to have on your videos
- Find the right keywords in” YouTube Suggest” by simply opening YouTube and entering your main keywords in YouTube Search. An (“_”) underscore placed before you start a keyword will show all the words other people have searched before your keyword
- Other ways to find the perfect keyword(s) are to use Google Trends. YouTube Suggestions, Video Key Word and Tags Extraction, Google Ad-words keyword tool
- Sometimes when searching for keywords to use in search engine results pages or SERP you come across some videos as well, so these can be used well in both your YouTube and Website
- An easy method is to use the following words around your topic words:
“Video”, “How to”, “Tutorials”, “Watch”, “Reviews”, “Songs/Movies”
Once you have several keywords or keyword phrases
Content is The Key
- Check your keyword location, by trying in different areas you want to market in or to. For example, “On The Gold Coast” in “Queensland” “Metro Brisbane” “The World”
- Search the general topic, For example, if you were to search “Sell a Car” you could expect about 3,630,000,000 results in 0.53 seconds. If you search “Sell a purple Car” this would drop to About 254,000,000 results 0.40 seconds, Then if you placed “sell a purple car on the Gold Coast” it would drop to about 36,600,000 results in 0.27 seconds but only the top 3 entries would have “purple car”
Now a few people would say that you have to be a great film director, a film star or a great photographer to make good videos, but the fact is many people would rather watch a user engaging video that shows extreme relevancy than a pretty person with plastic smiles doing something not so relevant. Sure a good video camera is important but not as important as relevant interesting and factual content
Once you have the content then if you can experiment with professional effects and visuals to increase the viewer’s experience
- Then comes your title and thumbnail which is shown in search results and the first thing you see when you interact with a video
- Your CTR (click through rate) is very much dependent on the interest and impression you convey in your search results title and thumbprint
The idea is once you have interested someone enough to click on your link to keep them engaged.
- Engagement is linked to the value someone gets from watching your video
- How you present the subject and the personality you exhibit
- It is vital to make sure your video is relevant, original and the viewer is getting value for the time spent watching
- Try and keep the watcher curious about what is coming up next to get the best and maximum engagement.
Rankings can also be affected by the length of a video, the longer you can make your video as long as it has quality content the better
YouTube SEO Optimisation
- With two people making a similar video and using similar keywords the longer video will get higher rankings because watch time in ranking videos is the most important factor in the YouTube Algorithm
- The first fifteen seconds of all videos are the most critical as that is the time most people will click off if your video is not relevant and interesting
This is similar to website SEO and very important
- Make sure your title is also a keyword or keyword phrase as the title tells people what your video is all about
- You need to have a good video description because YouTube cannot look inside your Video (Yet). Provide an original and descriptive explanation or summary of your video, but overstuff your keywords
- Add some external link to your relevant websites and your social profiles, remember this is your video’s communication to its search engine so good relevant information is needed
You need to have both video tags and your own tags so you can tell YouTube what your video relates to
Your Video Thumbnail
- Place your main keywords in the search box to find your relevant long tail Keywords and use the (“_”) underscore to gain more suggestions
This is important as your thumbnail is what people see on the search engine; the more interesting and attractive the higher your CTR will be
If you want to grow your audience, then growing your branding so people associate your video’s and branding with quality and you build a fan base is a must
Promoting Your Video
This should be done on all your social media and blogging sites as well as anywhere you can get a mention. The more you are watched, the higher the ranking and the more new viewers you will get. Think Google Drive, Reddit and any groups on Facebook that are relevant.
It is vital for a successful YouTube video campaign or promotion that you have high quality original and relevant content presented interestingly way to keep viewers watching especially in the first 15 to 20 seconds. Make sure to add a quality description and thumbnail and links to all your relevant sites
Monthly Archives: August 2018
The internet is always evolving and changing, the strategies and techniques that worked so well in the past for optimum SEO on The Gold Coast have to be modified or abandoned so your content has a ranking that makes it easy for people to discover it.
Keywords were the major way that search engines found your content and rated it, although they are still vital as any good SEO company on the Gold Coast will tell you. But now Google has introduced their new machine learning system called RankBrain that works alongside and complements keyword placement to make it easier for search engines to sort content so users can find it.
Google always tries to make finding the information people want as quick, simple and painless as possible, so introduce new ideas and strategy’s as needed while the internet keeps expanding and changing. This makes mastering SEO and keeping your content and website(s) at the top of the rankings a continuous process, so if you like most people are short of time finding a good SEO company on the Gold Coast is very cost effective.
RankBrain the new Google tool for SEO
RankBrain is all about measuring the number of people who click on each item in the search results and how long they stay on the site. This helps the search engine determine the level of interest in that site.
If a site contains many keywords that are related to a topic it will attract a lot of interest, but it does not immediately grab their interest and convey the message and provide what they want, they will bounce off and go to another site.
RankBrain also measures or focuses on the dwell time; that is how long someone spends on your site and the click through rate.
Dwell time is now the most important factor to determine search rankings
How long people stay on your site is determined by whether or not they find your site interesting and it is easy to find the content that they are looking for with the “WOW” factor.
If when someone finds your site uninteresting or “boring” without the information they seek “right there”, “right now” it is likely they will bounce off straight away.
When people start doing that, your site will it will drop in the rankings. The average time people now spend on (dwell time) on the top 10 items in any Google search is 3 minutes 10 seconds.
When you look at the way RankBrain works, it is just common sense when a lot of people spend time on a site it shows that the site is providing what they want.
The Big Change
- The local SEO on The Gold Coast relevant keywords allow the search engines to place the site in the rankings
- Then the total site traffic that hasn't only clicked on the site, but stayed there for a significant amount of time shows that the site has a high level of relevant content that people like which is important for SEO on the Gold Coast
- The search engine result sites that visitors stay the longest average length of time on can then help Google to determine the ranking for that site
- Quality, Original, relevant content is always the major factor that determines whether visitors like a site
- Your site needs to show people why they need to click on it rather than any other otherwise it will be ignored
Google now does not only measure content, they focus on the quality of the content which is why it is becoming important to use competent SEO Company on The Gold Coast
- Gone are the days when you could just stuff a few keywords into content so search engine spiders could check to make sure your keyword(s) appeared in your URL, Title tag, Description tags Image tags and content
- Considering that there are now over 3.5 billion searches every day on Google, it is vital that your site is able to stand out
- The best websites are topic specific and have in depth, relevant content so a searcher can easily find everything they need
- Concise and precise in depth content now ranks best with Google
- The most popular sites or pieces of specific content are of at least 2,000 words
- Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) are keywords or phrases that are not just synonyms or keywords that are similar but are related. For example, a car is similar to a truck, but is also related to driving and roads
Content must be consistent on both mobile and desktops as of July 2018 it’s estimated that 53% of internet searches were made on mobile devices, 43% were done on Desktops.
The fastest growing area for internet searches is on mobiles; subsequently many web sites have made a version for desktop and a simplified version for mobile because of the small screen size.
Google is expected to soon go mobile and when this happens the hidden content that is only found on the desktop version will be ignored by Google search engines so it is important to have all your content consistent and of a responsive design
To have your web presence in front of your customers, you need to make your content specific for local SEO on The Gold Coast and give them a good reason to click on your site that is made up of interesting relevant original and current information