Monthly Archives: September 2014
Bing has announced its future plans to improve image search as part of its goals to enhance user experience. The initial steps toward these goals have features that are adaptable based on the user’s resolution, query and interaction. Optimisation for touchscreen devices is also included in this new release.
You can visit Bing image search option from different devices to check the difference between the old and new versions.
Keeping responsive web design in mind, tablet devices have been given a key preference in the Bing image search service. Using their tablets, now people can swing through inline carousels in search results. The new format has been described by the search engine giant as "responsive, fast, and fluid."
Bing has shared the following statement, when it came to mobile devices:
"Our mobile experience has already gone through similar changes and will feel very familiar to you after using this experience."
The addition of Pinterest board searches was one of the most recent upgrades by Bing. This feature has proven to be the most popular along with exploration and refinement suggestions.
A mini-header has been added by Bing that will go down with the users screen whenever they scroll down. The reason behind designing this header is to provide a quick access without interrupting or hampering the search experience.
Following is the Bing’s take on this mini-header:
"The suggestions that we display in the mini-header will change as you scroll through the inline carousels to give you access to what you last saw. You can always click the button on the right to rotate through the content — the dots represent the each available set of content in the order they appear on the page."
Image hover feature is another update you need to watch out for. When the user hovers over the images, many of them will now include a search icon or a link.
Tips for Better Image Search Experience
Apart from providing new features, Bing has also given a deep input about its team efforts in making user searches across Gold Coast, Australia more successful and meaningful:
- Quality: Bing has focused more on providing relevant and high-quality image search results, no matter what the user is searching for.
- Actions: there are endless topics one can search about and many different ways to search them. Bing has provided tools that are needed to create an image match, filer results, and to create one-click Pinterest access.
- Suggestions: People often find if quite difficult to scroll page after page in search of the images they are looking for. In order to help people find what they need, Bing provides a large set of search collections and suggestions.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
With the Smartphone market flooded with new products, any website is now accessible from anywhere. The main thing to understand here is that the websites should have responsive designs for easy access from each and every device. Nowadays, there are a few myths related to responsive design are going around. Let’s debunk some of the myths.
In the previous article, we debunked some of common myths associated with the responsive web design. Here are a few more myths busted:
- Myth No. #1 In responsive designs, content gets hidden: This myth is ridiculous, in fact the most idiotic myth one can believe. The whole concept behind responsive design is to make the website more accessible to everyone. Then, why would anyone prefer to hide the contents of the site? Hiding the content is not a good idea because it’s one the main things that helps to attract a potential consumer. Therefore, it is better that you drop the thought of hiding any content in your website. The navigation area on a website is affected the most, if content of a website is hidden. The reason of using responsive design is that it can display all the content on every device.
- Myth No. #2 Responsive websites are slower than other due to heavy page load: This only happens if there’s a fault in methodology or implementation. You’ll find a number of websites which are built with responsive design, but these sites give users a desktop experience without considering the type of device they are using. As a result, the pages take more time to load, if a person is using a mobile phone. However, this is not the complete scenario. Not only the web pages lose their properties, the slow loading of websites on mobile phones might result in the user switching to the competitors website. You can’t blame this on methodology instead it happens because of the bad program written by the programmer. Therefore, it’s strongly recommended that you hire the services of the best web design company on the Gold Coast, Australia.
- Myth No. #3 For every screen, universal image optimization is needed: Let’s understand this issue with the help of an example of Foundation. While developing a responsive design, the framework you are working on, is not built to work properly with images larger than the size of the container. So, it’s required to be toned down in order to fit inside the grid. There’s background size property which helps to scale down background images. Generally, on new-age devices the large images are toned down almost fifty percent of the original size.
- Myth No. #3 Testing the design on all kinds of devices make it universally acceptable: This is what responsive websites are all about. They are “Designed for all”. But, this doesn’t imply that you have to test the website on each and every device in the market because it’s neither a feasible, nor a practical solution. The best solution here is small samples, so test only a few selected ones that cover all the basic aspects of design.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Responsive design for a website has become quite a necessity these days. This happened mainly because of the rise of Smartphone sector. With more people having access to Smartphone and other similar devices, it has become quite important that a website is responsive to all the devices. But, a number of myths have got attached with a responsive design. Following are a few such myths debunked.
Responsive designs need no introduction as we all are aware about its benefits. Clients find it quite easy and comfortable to make purchases on highly responsive design. But in this virtual world, whenever something new arrives, a number of myths are also developed with it. Creating rumour is in human nature.
Myths related to responsive design might hurt you in planning and implementing your next web design campaign. Following are a few responsive web design myths busted:
- Myth No. #1 Responsive design is all about mobile: It is a fact that the real reason of responsive design development occurred due to the sudden growth of the Smartphone. What we need to understand is that different types of users respond differently to a website. While working on the designing, you need to consider the type of device a user can use such as a desktop, mobile or a TV.
Take into account the user’s location and what approach they will while accessing your website. No matter how good the content of a page is if the users find the pages taking time to load, they will simply switch to other competitor’s site.
Content does matter a lot, but what’s more important is your approach towards presenting it to the potential clients. Give a great deal of thought on how to increase the design’s performance and this can be done considering layouts, resolution, and text sizes etc. remember, that it’s not always about mobile, so try to balance the other aspects of a site while designing it.
- Myth No. #2 One cannot have a responsive design for every use case: Use cases are quite important and a web design is not considered as a responsive design if every single use case is not taken into account. The site should be able to function efficiently and properly in every situation.
- Myth No. #3 In responsive designs, the device breakpoints matters: Majority of designer on the Gold Coast, design the sites in such a way the resolutions can be scaled down to fit the screens of various devices. This is completely wrong and must be avoided! If a site is said to be having a responsive design, then a user should be able to access it from all devices and not just some particular devices.
- Myth No. #4 Typography is affected due to responsive designs: This is one major issue related to a majority of responsive sites. This happens mainly because the developer gives more preference to the device than the design. This is not the right approach, you should have while making a website. Keep in mind your clients and make the content easily readable. If the typographical aspects are not considered and implemented properly, then the site may lose its worth.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Significant online presence is fast becoming a necessity for every business in this fast paced world. What you need to do is hire an expert and experienced web designer based on the Gold coast, who can meet all your requirements related to your web design campaign. You need look for certain qualities or capabilities in designers, before hiring for their services.
The Web design sector is becoming more professional day by day at a fast pace. There’s a strong competition going on between web designers on the Gold Coast because the majority of businesses are opting for a good online presence. This has led the designers to become more creative and efficient in their work.
There are two types of designers, first ones are those who are extremely professional in their work and keep enhancing their designing abilities by doing appropriate research on designing. On the other hand, the second types of designers do their work by simply copying and modifying templates available on the web.
No matter what’s your website is about, ensure that you hire the services of the best web designer based on the Gold coast, who can make your online presence a pleasant experience. Following are a few capabilities of an expert web designer you should esquire before hiring:
- Amazing logo design: An effective and attractive logo design is quite an essential thing in creative web designing. By just watching the logo, you can easily judge the creativity level of the designer. Logo becomes the identity of a brand or business, so it should have the capability to catch the visitor’s concentration. Therefore, it should be unique and highly attractive.
- Colour box labelling: One of the signs that reflect that a web designer is genuine, is his/her ability to label all types of announcements related to your business such as special offers, discounts, gift packs etc. These should be shown in shining colorful boxes to highlight them more compared to rest of the content.
- Expert in CSS: Designers on the Gold Coast are widely using CSS in their campaigns. It allows them to decrease the weight of the pages and increasing the possibility to get indexed in search engines quickly, this turns out to be a boon for SEO as well.
- Ability to generate appeal: Your website can achieve more business beyond your imagination, if you can add a gentle appeal in the design. Explain the designers what your business is all about and what are the basic things, a visitor would like to see on your site. This way they can build your site which can appeal the potential clients in a more appealing way.
- Implementation of large fonts: It’s quite important that you get all the important content properly highlighted on your site. Get the vital phrases to look more appealing by using large fonts and attractive colours. This helps to catch the attention of the visitors on your site.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Adobe InDesign is an amazing image editing software widely used all over the Gold Coast by professional web designers in their web design campaigns. If you’re willing to use InDesign application for your web designing purposes, then it’s important tools offered by it. By following certain tips, you can fully utilise all the features of InDesign.
InDesign is a highly acclaimed software used by the majority of designers on the Gold Coast for their web design campaigns. It offers a vast number of features, but most of those are not used effectively by some users. Following is a list of few such features which you can use to make your web design campaign much easier.
- Multiplace from the Bridge: In InDesign you can use File>Place or drag-and-drop images into the document, though you’ll find it quite easy to bring in multiple images at once. For this, click Adobe Bridge, choose the pictures to be used in the layout, then select File>Place>In InDesign. Now, you’ll switch to InDesign automatically, providing a loaded place cursor to insert the images selected by you.
- Path Frames: Everyone is aware about the fact that a single image can be placed in a single frame. However, you might not know that a single image can be placed in multiple frames for a visual effect. Choose the Polygon, Ellipse or Rectangle Frame tool to create two or more frames.
- Convert Shape: This is an excellent tool which never fails. For example, you create an ellipse frame for an image and then wish to check that how it will look in a rectangular frame. There’s simply no need for you to start from the start again. All you supposed to do is go to Object>Convert Shape and then select the shape of you wish for. InDesign can easily convert the existing shape of an image into the one you want.
- Control the Photoshop Layers: InDesign can easily place and output Photoshop’s layered files. Right within InDesign, layers in that placed PSD can be turned on and off easily. The user can have the same PSD in the document numerous times by turning different layers on and off to achieve various looks.
- Placing InDesign Documents in InDesign: This is often considered as one of the most powerful feature in InDesign. By using it, InDesign documents can be placed right into other InDesign documents. This means that one can work on the main section of a document while the remaining team members can work on other sections. After the work is completed, you can place their documents into your InDesign Document.
- Rotating the Spreads: People often wonder that whether InDesign can do vertical spreads for any specific layout. The answer for this is a clear No. But, the things have changed a bit because now a user can do a basic left and right spread, and can even rotate the spreads up to 90° making it a lot easier to lay out the content than before.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Adobe Illustrator is highly preferred by professional web designers for their campaigns. It’s user-friendly software that offers multitudes of features. One can simply transform a whole image according to the requirements of the designers. Following are ten key features of this amazing software that can be used to edit images.
Adobe Illustrator is an excellent software program for vector graphics. It has a variety of tools and features which can be used to create amazing vector art and illustrations. It is widely preferred by professional web designers based on the Gold Coast. Following are a few most-used features that will help you to get the most out of this software program.
- Custom Toolbars: the toolbar is composed of tools which you might not even use. So, create a bar that has all the tools you need to work with. For this, just go to Window>Tools>Custom, drag the required tools into the new toolbar created by you from the original toolbar. After this, replace the original toolbar with the new one by simply collapsing the old one.
- The Width Tool: With the help of this tool you things such as a stroke, then turning it into a stroke that has multiple widths. When you’re done with that, you can simply convert that into an object or anything you wish for.
- Pathfinder Options: It’s an excellent tool which can take simple objects and turn them into a more complex thing. This can be done by just clicking the button in the Pathfinder panel.
- Duplicate Last Function: This tool helps you in duplicating the last thing done by using the shortcut Control D or Command D for Mac users. For example, f you wish to copy any particular object and duplicate it right across the page, all you need to do is to choose the object and click Control D or Command D for Mac users. You can keep clicking it again and again as many times you wish to duplicate the object.
- New Features for Ruler Guides: Using this tool, you can instantly make guides by just double clicking. In addition, you can drag the corner point down to change two guides simultaneously.
- Gradient Mesh: if you wish to create amazingly realistic images, then this tool is the perfect choice for you. With the help of this tool you can create an effect to make a 2D image appear 3D.
- Appearance Panel: This tool enables you to take full control of the web design campaign you’re doing. It is considered as a key to keep in your display.
- Touch Type Tool: this tool is generally used to manipulate the effects of just one letter and you can find this tool right under the Text tool options.
- Live Paint: In order to use this tool, first convert the convert the image into vector. For this, you have to select and click the Image Trace button. Then, choose the live paint bucket tool and start painting individual selections in the image.
- Image Trace: Also known as Live Trace, it enables you to convert an image into vector so that you can work with it as a vector object. After selecting the image just click the Image Trace button.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Photoshop is an excellent image editing software used widely all over the Gold Coast, Australia by professional and non-professional web Designers. If you are a beginner, it’s advisable that first you must learn to work on Photoshop so that its tools can be used to the fullest. These are five tips that can help you in understanding Photoshop in a better way.
One cannot deny the benefits offered by Photoshop in editing images. Web designers all the Gold Coast widely use Photoshop in their web design campaigns. We discussed few Photoshop tips in the previous article. Here are a few more tips for beginners.
- Custom Shape Tool All the basic shapes one requires such as line, square, circle, ellipse etc. are provided by the Tool Panel. However, for extended options you can opt for the custom shape tool. Resembled by a roadkill icon can be found easily on the Options Bar. Once it is selected, a plethora of shape options will appear for to use. On the right of the Custom Shape Tool icon, a shape preview thumbnail appears. It is an excellent selection as even more shapes can be accessed by clicking once more on the arrow on the right side of the panel. This the right tool for you to use, if you’re searching for speech bubbles, banners or arrows of all kinds.
- Adjustment Layers No matter what’s the reason for you using Photoshop, like it may be for making an image sharper, changing its colours or improving the contrast. What you need to remember is that always use the adjustment layers. One of the biggest advantages of using an adjustment layer is that a user doesn’t have to make all the changes right on the image itself, but on a separate layer. So, the user can easily change the settings to check the adjustment that works best for him/her.
- Layer Styles This is an easy way to add an attractive combination of vitality and glamour in your image. These are special effects which can be applied quickly to different layers. To choose the effect you wish for, all you’re supposed to do is double click on a layer. It offers a variety of features like drop a shadow, add a glow or a stroke etc. Just ensure that you don’t overdo it that because these effects might look cheap and sleazy when overused.
- Spot Healing Brush You can make everything look prettier in an image with the help of this tool. If a person in the image has a mole, blemish or a spot, then with this tool it can be removed instantly. Select a bigger size of the brush than the area you wish to fix and simply click it. You really don’t need to do anything else because Photoshop samples from around the area that is retouched automatically.
- Blur Tool This tool is widely used by designers to remove small wrinkles by blurring them a bit. You can use this tool to improve the small imperfections such as wrinkles around the eye or mouth area in an image. Ensure that you don’t overdo it else you’ll end up spoiling the image instead of improving it.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Adobe Photoshop is an amazing application that is used widely by professional and non-professional web Designers all over the Gold Coast, Australia. For beginners, it is important that first they should under the working of Photoshop in order to fully utilise the tools offered. Following article has a few tips that can prove to be helpful for your web design campaigns.
Photoshop is excellent software that doesn’t need any introduction. It helps to express your creativity with a variety of useful tools. It is the best choice for a web design campaign in which images are needed to be edited before posting on a website. Whether it is Sydney or the Gold Coast, Photoshop is the most preferred choice in web design campaigns. If you have just started your career in web designing or you don’t have much idea about Photoshop, read on.
Following are a few tips that can help you to do editing more efficiently:
- Transform If you wish to modify the size of a picture, flip rotate, or distort it, all you’re supposed to do is to select edit and click Transform to choose the action you desire. To make your work a lot easier, a shortcut is available. Press Ctrl + T on the keyboard and a bounding box will come around the picture which indicates transformation. It means now that the picture can be resized by placing the cursor on one of the rectangle shaped corners, then hold the Shift key and drag the corner. Just press Enter when you’re finished. If you want to flip the picture horizontally or vertically then press Ctrl + T and right click the mouse. A popup will appear offering options to flip and rotate the picture.
- Magnetic Lasso Tool This tool helps in tracing and outlining a specific part of a picture, then detach it from the remaining picture to perform various actions. For example, with the help of this tool you can choose and separate a product from a background. This tool can easily detect the edges of an object, therefore it will work effectively when there’s a bold contrast between an object and the background with properly defined edges.
- Change the Unit of Measurement An easy and fast way to change the units of measurements is by placing the cursor on any one ruler and press right click on the mouse. Then, you can select a new unit from the context menu. You will find a plethora of units such as millimetres, centimetres, points, pixels and even percents.
- Magic Wand Tool While working with a background which is quite consistent and monotone, then Magic Wand is an ideal selection tool. This is an ideal tool for you, if you already have a well defined colour wish to choose for a picture. For example, it’s an excellent choice when you wish to choose a clear blue sky or a white background.
- Dodge Tool This tool helps to lighten the pixels where it is used and an excellent solution for red “tired eyes”. Set the tool on a soft brush, then choose highlights by going to Range setting in the menu-bar. After this, set the Exposure around 20% and brush over the eye area carefully. Your job will be done by a few simple strokes only.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 is offering a number of time-saving new features and improvements. Majority of these are workflow enhancements instead of major stand-out features. The update version of Photoshop is proving to be extremely helpful to the web designers. Take a look at the article below to know more about Adobe Photoshop CC 2014.
Photoshop CC 2014 brings amazingly user friendly and time saving new features. It offers more speed, power and freedom to make high quality photos. Powered by new Adobe Generator and with real-time image asset generation, users can design for websites faster than ever.
Adobe has done major updates in Photoshop CC 2014 which can be downloaded for free or you can opt for a Creative Cloud subscription. But before moving to Creative Cloud subscription, you should conduct your own research and try the new upgrades.
Photoshop CC 2014: What's New in it?
Popular photo editing tool Photoshop’s 2014 release has kept its basic features and interface intact. Though, it does include various new features and improvements. Photoshop has targeted professional web design by improving fonts, Smart Objects, Smart Guides and 3D functionality.
With this update, you’ll find a few things are no more there in this application. Any third-party extensions which are built using Flash like Mini Bridge, Kuler etc. aren’t supported by Photoshop anymore. You’ll not find support for Mac OS X versions before 10.7 and Oil Paint filter is also missing.
Photoshop CC has so much new to offer. Generator automates the procedure of exporting and slicing photo assets. The all-new Smart Sharpen tool will make your images simply stand out. It offers all the tools for image analysis and 3D editing which had previously came only with Photoshop Extended version. Take a look at some of the most exciting stuff it is offering:
- Part of Creative Cloud Photoshop CC makes you become a part of Creative Cloud, this will help your creativity to become far more intuitive, seamless and highly connected. You can grab it as a Creative Cloud complete membership or with a single-app membership. Creative Cloud complete membership includes every other creative tool.
- Camera Shake Reduction You can quickly and easily restore the original sharpness of the photos which become blurred due to the camera motion. It doesn’t matter that whether the blur was caused by long focal length or by a slow shutter speed. With Camera Shake Reduction, there’s no need to worry if your hands aren’t steady because your shots will still be steady for sure.
- Faster performance
- Sleek interface
- With colour blending
- Content-aware move and patch
- Powerful video adjustment and editing
- Layer search
- Camera Raw
- Blur and Up-scaling tools
- Photo perspective corrections
- Excellent sharpening
- Loads of drawing tools
You can find the interface a bit inordinate because of the sheer number of tools. Progress bars are not shown by some of the tools. It also requires a subscription fee.
Photoshop CC 2014 is a highly user-friendly application that offers full conveniences. Web design experts from all over the Gold Coast, Australia have appreciated the efforts of Adobe in updating the Photoshop in an excellent way.
Monthly Archives: September 2014
Photoshop is an excellent photo editing application. Do you face difficulty in using this app? If yes, then the following tips can help you in using this Photoshop effectively in your web design campaigns. If you wish for a more detailed work from Photoshop, then it’s advisable that you hire an expert web designer on the Gold Coast, Australia.
Many people have a hobby of clicking pictures using their camera. But, the results are not favourable every time. Images are also needed for websites as they provide an attraction to the website. In case, you have zeroed images for your web design campaigns, but they require a bit of editing, then the best solution is Photoshop.
Photoshop is a photo editing tool that helps you in turning your normal photos into high quality photos. It’s widely used by web designers all over the Gold Coast, Australia. Following are a few simple Photoshop tips that can help you in improving your photo editing skills:
- How to get lighting effect? Using this application, you can easily add lighting effect on your photograph. It helps the users to improve the quality of the images manifold. To achieve this, you should follow a few simple steps. First, open the image and make a duplicate layer, then select the option “Screen” as the blending mode of the new layer.Select Gaussian Blur from the list, which you’ll find under Filter. It gives an option to enter the value, so choose ‘Multiply’ as the blending mode. By following this process, lighting effect can be added to your images.
- How to get glowing eyes in an image? With the help of Photoshop, you can easily get glowing eyes in your images. For that, you need to find two tools dodge and burn, which are available in this application. Dodge is used to lighten the iris and burn is used to darken its border. This process will give glowing eyes in an image.
- How to draw straight lines Photoshop enables you to draw straight lines quite easily on the images. All you need to do is use the tool ‘paintbrush’ while pressing and holding the shift button.
- How to punch up the saturation? People often wish to punch up saturation while editing photos using Photoshop. This helps in improving the picture quality to a great extent. First, open the picture you wish to edit and duplicate a layer. Select “Hard Light” as the blending mode of the new layer. By turning down the opacity, you can make the appropriate changes in the image.
- How to sharpen your picture? Photoshop helps you to improve the image quality by sharpening it. All you need to do is to follow a few easy steps. Make a duplicate a layer of your image, select “Overlay” as the blending mode of the new layer. Then, look under Filter and choose a high pass filter from the list. By dragging the slider, it will help you in sharpening your images.
- How to reduce the shiny appearance of the skin Many people often have to face the problem of shiny appearance in some images. Eyedropper tool can easily reduce the shine of the skin. Select a non shiny skin area and then by using a brush, you need to paint all over the shiny areas. This will help in reducing the shine from the images.